Raphiel Ainsworth Shiraha (白羽・ラフィエル・エインズワース Shiraha Rafieru Einzuwāsu?) or Raphi (ラフィ Rafi?) for short, is the second ranked angel in Gabriel's class, who has since become a sadistic stalker who takes delight in teasing Satanichia and causing chaos for entertainment.
Raphi is an angel with the appearance of a well-endowed teenage girl of average height. She has long, silver hair that is sometimes tied into a low ponytail at the back, using a red bow. Most of the time, Raphi only ties a small section of her hair with her red bow. She also wears two cross barrettes on the sides of her hime-cut bangs. She wears the standard uniform with a cardigan and a black tie. She has yellow eyes.
In everyday life, Raphi is a normal by-the-book angel, both in Heaven and the human world, since she is a loving, kind, polite, friendly, and diligent girl.
Though as soon as she arrived on the human world, her desire for something exciting builds up and she soon reveals her "dark" side. One of Raphi's most noteworthy character traits is her expression, as she is a pokerfaced angel, and she is capable of retaining her expression, even though something surprising or annoying happened to her.
She is also fearless, as Vigne's wrath hardly scares or even surprises her. Despite that, she is very afraid of frogs and doesn't want to be near them in anyway.
Like Gab, Raphi is a top qualified Angel, although she is outranked by her friend. Unlike Gab, she retained her Angel persona on the human world and is greatly admired by many of her classmates.
Her other personality however, is not as good as a normal Angel's personality would be. It is revealed that she is a "Dark Angel", as she is sadistic and dominating towards demons. It is the reason why Satania is temporarily paranoid and afraid of her, and even though Vigne is not as much of Raphi's victim, she is still scared of her to an extent.
Raphi is remarkably intelligent, probably even the most intelligent in her group, surpassing Gab and Vigne. Her intelligence, however, is not used to do good things every day, as Satania's pride was used by her to trick Satania to do her biddings (Satania thinks otherwise although later realizes it) and later again used Vigne's trouble to playfully trick her.
Even so, Raphi keeps her angelic personality most of the time, and her "Dark Angel" side dissipates a little as time goes, and then it's eventually replaced by genuine happiness in the human world, to be around her friends.
Like the others, Raphi is fun-loving, social, and loyal to her friends. She is also very enthusiastic about the activities in the human world which she can't do in Heaven, which is why Vigne's enthusiasm matches hers, and they got excited when doing some activities.
- Gabriel White Tenma: Raphiel and Gabriel have had a long friendship compared to the rest of the cast. They went to school together in Heaven, and got to know each other there. Raphiel does not seem to have any rivalry with Gabriel, despite the fact that she is the 2nd ranked Angel, only surpassed by Gabriel. Raphiel has always idolized Gabriel, in Heaven, and later on the Human World. Raphiel is still able to like the "fallen" Gabriel, since she satisfies her "dark" desire. Gabriel never complains about Raphiel and always been friendly with her. Because both of them have been very close from the beginning, the two angles are very close.
- Vignette April Tsukinose: Both appear very friendly, despite being Angel and demon, which is why both of them became close very quickly. Both are also very enthusiastic about living in the human world and they often work together to find enjoyable activities in the human world. Raphiel and Vigne rarely quarrel with each other (aside from Vigne's occasionally scolding her due to her "Dark Angel" personality) since Raphiel is more well-behaved than the other two, but Vigne is still kind of afraid of Raphiel's sadistic personality. Aside from that, the two of them are on good terms. Raphiel even made a "double act" combi with Vigne, where Raphiel is the Boke ("Funny man"), and Vigne is the Tsukkomi ("Straight man").
- Satanichia McDowell Kurumizawa: When Raphiel first meets Satania, she quickly realizes how gullible and naive Satania is, and exploits this to make fun of her. Most of Raphiel's sadistic traits are expressed through Satania. Raphiel's intelligence, which surpasses even Gab and Vigne, is proven to be too much for Satania to handle as Raphi easily manipulates her every time she encounters her alone. Raphiel has also been seen requesting Gabriel's, and the Dog's help to assist her in bullying Satania. However, her dark side is seen less later on in the series, and she becomes genuinely friendly towards Satania. Even though Satania was very afraid of her at one point, they eventually end up as very close friends. Like Gabriel, who prefers to be with Vigne whenever the group splits, Raphiel prefers to be with Satania.
- Her name is possibly based from the archangel "Raphael".
- Her name "Raphiel" is the feminine variation of the character she is based on.
- Her family is possibly one of the richest families in Heaven, as they have a mansion and butler, which means Raphiel came from an upper-class family.
- She has ranidaphobia, a fear of frogs that Satania used to her advantage as payback.
- Raphi always refers to her friends with honorifics, which signifies she came from a dignified family as she calls Gabriel as Gab-chan, Vignette as Vigne-san and Satanichia as Satania-san or Satania-sama (the latter was used to trick her), this also shows that she is humble and kind.
- The term "Boke" and "Tsukkomi" that Raphi uses for her and Vigne is taken from a Japanese entertainment term of "Manzai" a form of Japanese comedy in which 2 people on the stage together tell stories, where Tsukkomi plays mostly as the storyteller (straight) and Boke tells it from an funny or unusual perspective (funny).
- In order of appearance, Raphi is the last main character to appear in the Manga, while in the Anime she is the second.
- "I'll give it to you if you get on all-fours and lick my foot like a dog."
|Gabriel • Vignette • Satanichia • Raphiel • Tapris|